Our commitment to protecting your data & GDPR
This policy will make it easier to understand the data that we hold about our customers, private individuals, businesses, suppliers and contractors.
- How we collect information and what type of information we collect
- How the information is used
- How you can see and update the information
- How long we keep the information and how we protect it
- How a private individual can request information to be erased, your right to be forgotten
Data protection laws state that we are only able to hold personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The basis for us holding personal and sensitive data includes, but is not limited to, performance of our contractual obligations and contact for customer service purposes for example, where we have supplied you with goods or services, or to fulfil an obligation under an employee contract or you have given your consent.
How do we collect your information?
- We receive information about you from you when you use our website, complete forms on our website, if you contact us by phone, email, live-chat or otherwise in respect of any of our products and services or during the purchasing of any such product.
- Information we hold about you has been provided voluntarily by you or your organisation at the point of service provision and during the course of fulfilling our contract with you.
What type of data do we hold?
- Personal data we collect includes your name, address, email address, phone numbers
- Although we do not ask for your date of birth, sometimes we know it and use it only for the traditional purposes of wishing you happy birthday!
- We collect information relating to your orders for products and services, help desk enquiries recording your support requests, workshop & visit reports, which can contain technical details and setup details such as user names and passwords.
- We also retain records of your correspondence, phone calls, letters and emails.
How is information used?
Information is only used for the purposes of providing you with continuous, efficient and reliable support within the scope of our activities with you. For this purpose we may need to contact you by means of phone call, letter and email for the following reasons;
- To process orders that you have submitted to us and provide you with products and services
- To carry out our contractual obligations we have with you
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- To enable us to review, develop and improve products and services
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- To provide you with information, prices and changes about products or services
- To provide you with support, advice & recommendations, security bulletins & newsletters, invoices & statements for accounting purposes
- We may contact you for marketing purposes where we feel you may benefit from a particular improvement, product or service
We will never pass any information we hold to third parties unless; you ask us to reveal the information, or we have your permission to do so, we are required to do so by law, it is required by law enforcement or fraud prevention.
How long do we keep your data?
- We will retain all data specific to you for as long as we need to refer to it to support you or until such time as you request it be removed
- We may keep your data for at least 7 years after you have cancelled your services with us
- We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations
- We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes
- We assure you that your personal and sensitive data shall only be used for the purposes stated herein
- Requests for your personal data to be erased will be done so in a reasonable time
- We will do everything possible to erase your Personal Information if you withdraw your consent or request the right to be forgotten
- However, we will not be able to erase all of your Personal Information if it is technically impossible or for legal reasons
- All accounting data customer and supplier accounts and account activity and invoices is kept in accordance with the current financial and Tax legislation.
How is your data stored?
- Personal and sensitive data is held in our secure CMS (Contact Management System), Helpdesk and Accounting system
- Our staff access your contact details on Workstations in our office or portable devices for the purposes of contacting you while out of the office.
- Data is stored on our secured servers and protected by password
- Data is only accessible to authorised employees
- Hard copy information is kept in a restricted area in our offices in lockable cabinets
How do we protect you data?
- To protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, we use technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorized disclosure or access
- In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary
Business to Business Data (B2B)
Privacy Notice 25 May 2018
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check it on our website occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
If you have specific questions or concerns about the use of your data, please contact email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice shall become effective as of 25 May 2018