Update your PC, Laptop, iPhone, iPad and Mac NOW!
According to Apple their Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple TV are all hit by a flaw in chips that they use which could let attackers access sensitive information.
Design flaws in processors from leading chipmakers, Intel, AMD and ARM could effect most of your computer devices. One vulnerability, dubbed “Meltdown,” is known to affect Intel chips. The other, called “Spectre,” could affect chips from AMD and Arm as well.
What to do?
– You should apply the first available security updates from the companies who make the software on your devices, like Microsoft Windows, or Apple for iOS.
– Update to new versions of iOS and MacOS released today to protect iOS web browser
– Carry out Windows updates as they are released
– Only download software from trusted sources such as Apple App Store
– Since hackers would have to install malware on your computer, do your best to make that harder for them by keeping all your software up-to-date; run security software to make sure you don’t have any malicious software on your computer right now; look out for phishing emails, emails that trick you into clicking on a link and downloading malicious software are still the number one way for hackers to get on your computer.
… for further advice and help to update your device and carry out security scans please call our help desk 01572 770653